Tips for the good videopitch
When making a videopitch, you should pay attention to the following:
- Present your idea wihtin the first 20 sec. of the video
- Make it short. A short and precise pitch is more catchy than a lengthy speech
- Show the product. Whether in pictures, demonstrations or video, the product or prototype is easier to understand if you show it one way or another
- Show the team behind the idea
- Remember password protection! When you send your videopitch, remember to protect it by a password. Otherwise, it may harm any future patent application that the product has been disclosed
- Do a technical check. Make sure that the sound is good and turn the camera in the right position. It must be horizontal when filming
- Show expert statements, where potential costumers or partners give their take on the team, the market potential or the idea
Do not do the following:
- Poor quality - both bad lighting and sound can ruin a pitch
- It's not a commercial. It's more about selling the company to the committee and therefore the pitch should not be presented as an advertisement for the product. A commercial does not provide the necessary insight into the company and the team behind it
THE PERFECT PITCH - ZENIA FRANCKER
Examples of the good videopitch
What Jordnær Film does right:
- They present their idea right away.
- They show which SDGs they work with and why.
- They show their team, their skills and their experts.
What Subreader does right:
- They show their product and what the product can do.
- They explain the problem.
- They show their team, their skills and their partners.
- They explain their goals/visions and how they want to achieve the goals.
What Flacon does right:
- Explain their product and the market they want to target.
- Present their team and the background of the team.
- Show how they want to work with the SDG's and why.
What Esgaard does right:
- They start of by explaining their product.
- They show their prototype.
- They explain which market they want to target and why.
Find more tips for the good videopitch here (in Danish)