Life Science Grant
– Uniting Life Science and Entrepreneurship
In collaboration with Bristol-Myers Squibb, the Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship presents the Life Science Grant consisting of two micro grants of each 50,000 DKK.
Deadline: 28 September 2020
In your application for the Life Science Grant, you must use templates which are specifically targeted the Life Science Grant. Find them in the links below. When you have filled in the templates, you can apply by clicking the next link (Apply here) and upload your templates in the form.
Find the templates and guides in the links below.
Video pitch must be delivered as a link to e.g youtube or Vimeo (you are welcome to use a code)
Application form - click the link
Click the link, accept our terms and conditions, and find the form where you must fill in personal data and upload your templates. Please make sure you choose the right Life Science Grant (with or without CVR) in the drop-down menu "Application pool".
- The idea must be within the area of Health and Life Sciences: medicine, biomarkers and/or medical devices (not IT)
- Bachelor and master students can apply for the grant
- You can apply if you have an idea but no CVR number, to cover the earliest expenses before startup, or if you have recently registered your business with a CVR number.
- The grant is up to DKK 50,000
- It is important that the Life Science Grant is used for activities that move the idea or the business substantially closer to the market. This dimension will be part of the evaluation of the application. The grant can be used for instance for the following: Development of prototype, testing, market investigations, pilot tests (lease of equipment or purchase of test tubes), consultations and counselling and/or patent applications.
The Life Science Grant CANNOT be used for travels, day-to-day running (including salary, office furniture and other fittings as well as hardware such as telephones or computers), as well as for activities in relation with competitions.
The jury will emphasise:
- The team behind the idea
- Scaling potential and the potential to become an economically sustainable business
- The scientific aspect of the idea
- The business case
- Value for money: Will the grant make a difference in moving the idea closer to the market?
How do I apply for the Life Science Grant?
An application contains (find the templates in the links above):
- Application document (word)
- Budget that illustrates how you will spend the grant (excel)
- Video pitch – maximum 4 minutes
- Appendix in pdf (if you have any)
- Download the application form
- Fill out the application form and name the document TeamName_Application_BMS
NB: Please be aware that all application forms must be uploaded in word and when you name the documents remember to use _ (underscore), otherwise we might not receive your application.
- Download the Budget template
- Fill out the Budget template and name it TeamName_Budget_BMS
- If you have any other material (pdf) relevant for your application, this must be named: TeamName_Appendix
- Fill out the application form (click "Apply here" above) after accepting “terms and conditions”
- Insert link to your video pitch
- Upload the application form, Budget template and other relevant material (appendix).
- You will receive a confirmation by email when we have received your application.
- All candidates will receive an email with an answer as to whether or not they have been approved for a grant, as soon as the applications have been evaluated by the committee. This takes approx. one month.