Who can apply for a Micro Grant?
Who can apply?
- Pupils, students or PhD students enrolled for and following a full time education at an educational institution in Denmark.
- Pupils, students or PhD students who have completed their education or studies within the last 3 months at the time of the application (that is, the date of the deadline)
- Applicants who are 18 years or older
- Team/companies where at least half the members are pupils or students enrolled for a full-time education at an educational institution in Denmark
- Teams with or without a CVR number can apply.
Applies only to applicants with a CVR number:
- Your CVR number MUST be registered for the idea for which you are applying for a grant, and the CVR number must not be older than 12 months
- At least one of the co-founders of the company (registered as founder with the CVR number) must be a student.
- The applicant must ALWAYS be registered as founder/co-founder with the CVR number.
- Your startup must have had a revenue of maximum DKK 50,000.
What are we looking for?
- Students with the drive to create growth, to take the initiative and to be bold and innovative.
- Ideas on which the micro grant will have a substantial effect and that will get closer to the market.
- Companies with a growth potential.
Read more here about how to make a good written application and a good videopitch.
Two kinds of grant can be sought:
Micro Grant for pupils or students with an idea at the idea stage - without CVR number. You can apply for max DKK 25,000 to cover the early expenses involved with starting up a business.
- Micro Grant for pupils or students who have just recently registered and received a CVR number. You can apply for max. DKK 50,000 all of which must be spent on reaching a stage of maturity that will allow you to attract other growth capital. This micro grant requires 25% self-financing in addition to the grant.
What can the grant be used for?
Part of the application process is to submit a budget that shows what the applicant will use the Micro Grant for. The budget is therefore always adapted to the actual needs of the applicant. However, it is important that the Grant is used for activities that will make the idea or business come closer to the market, to proof of concept, growth or job creation. Therefore, these aspects will be taken into consideration in the evaluation of your application. The Micro Grant CANNOT be used for travelling or operation costs of the business (including hardware, salary for team members, rent of premises, office furniture or other equipment) or competitions.
The Grant can for example be used for:
Pilot tests – for example rent of equipment or purchase of test tubes
Counselling and guidance
The Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship shares the applications with the evaluation committee. Members of the evaluation committee may differ from one application round to the next. We urge applicants not to include valuable business ideas (for example technical details about a new invention) in the business plan, but to discuss business ideas at a general level only. Only very rarely do business details determine whether a grant is awarded or not.
Moreover, the members of the evaluation committee review an incredible amount of business plans every year, on their own or together with the Danish Foundation for Entrepreneurship, and many business plans resemble one another. Therefore, too detailed business plans may cause an unnecessary extra work load for the committee members.
We recommend to lock your videopitch (youtube and Vimeo etc.) with a code, if you are working with an idea for which you want to take out a patent.